It's so ridiculous because a) I like to make lists, b) I like to write about myself, and c) I like to win stuff. So why do I get seized with a moment of panic when someone selects me as a recipient of a blog award?
I think it's because when I write my blog, I can self-edit myself to sound as smart as possible and pretend to be super snooty about books (well, maybe I'm not always pretending). But when I
I am way too neurotic for my own good. I guess that's why I'm a writer.
So without further ado, here's some stuff about me and some awesome links to awesome blogs.
Libby Heily tagged me in a game of blog tag back in June (!!!) and here are the rules: Answer six questions about myself on my blog and then tag eight of my blogger friends.
1. Do you think you’re hot?My AC is finally working, so no, not super hot today.
2.Upload a picture or wallpaper you are using at the moment.
A Super Big forest fire that we passed during one of our road trips from Dallas to Houston this summer.
Also, when I was searching for a picture, I realized that Husband takes more pictures of our cat Freckles than our friends do of their 7 month old son. Here she is on top of a fish tank.
3. When was the last time you ate chicken?I'll see you one chicken, and raise you one chicken dance:
4. The song you listened to recently.
"Teeth" by Lady Gaga. For Shark Week! AWESOME!
5. What were you thinking while doing this?
About how much I don't want to work on my book review. Also, I just heard thunder. Perchance we have rain today?
6. Do you have nicknames? What are they?
Anna Banana. Yep, super original. And I was so
7. Tag 8 blogger friends. [ed. to add: and people I want to be my friend :)]
Mel U at the Reading Life
Laura Campbell at Writing Unleashed
After Troy—Hektor Karl
Tawna Fenske at Don't Pet Me, I'm Writing
Michelle Davidson Argyle at The Innocent Flower
A. R. at Wuthering Expectations
Obsessions of a Workaholic
And then TODAY I received the Liebster Blog Love award, given to bloggers with fewer than 200 followers from L. G. Smith over at Bards and Prophets. Thank ya much!!!!
The goal of the award is to spotlight up and coming bloggers who currently have less than 200 followers. The rules of the award are:
1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers.
5. And most of all - have bloggity-blog fun!
It is crazy to me that these bloggers don't have more followers. They are super nice, and have super interesting things to say. Go check them out!!!!!!!!!!
Misty at Nothing Cannot Happen Today
Ghenet Myrthil at All About Them Words
You all have a lot of reading to do over the weekend. Start clicking!!!!